Free Water-Saving Toilets When You Install
Please call us to schedule a time to pick one up or for more information call:
Free Toilet Information
1. Free toilets are for replacement of toilets older than 1992. Each toilet replaced will save THOUSANDS of gallons of water each year. Manufacture dates are sometimes stamped inside the tank or under the tank lid. Call 637-4378 if you need help determining the age of your toilets.
2. Bring a copy of a recent water bill. You must also bring an ID with an address that matches the water bill or some other document that shows you live there or own the property.
3. You must install the toilet within 45 days of receiving it and deliver the old toilets to the San Benito County Water District at 30 Mansfield Rd., or other designated location, or be billed for the cost of the toilet on your next water bill.
4. Limit 2 free toilets per residence.
5. Model = Niagara "flapperless" toilet : a good quality, plain white, round-front, gravity-type toilet.
6. It is the responsibility of renters to get the permission of the property owner prior to installation.
7. Water Resources Association will provide all the parts necessary for a standard installation: seat, bolts, and wax ring.
Things to Check Before You Pick Up Your New Toilet
Are the toilets that you want to replace older than 1992? If not, then you are not eligible.
Make sure to bring your household's water bill and your identification.
Be prepared to deliver the old toilet(s) to us for recycling. If you do not return the old toilets to us, your utility will bill you $125.00 for the price of the toilet.
Thank you for your interest in saving water...