What is the Watering Index?
November is time to shut off your irrigation system for the winter!
Where do the WI values come from?
- These are percentages based on historical plant water needs data (evapotranspiration).
- Program designed by John Wynn.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Using less water can result in:
- Lower water bills
- Less mowing because excess water accelerates lawn growth.
- Less fertilizer because excess water can leach fertilizer from the root zone.
- Less runoff onto sidewalks, driveways, etc.
- Aid in water conservation.
Contact the Water Resources Association (WRA) at 637-4378 so you can:
- Determine if your controller will work with the program.
- Receive a free home water survey that includes a leak check, showerheads and faucet aerators (installed), hose nozzle, water softener assistance.
- Receive free help from WRA personnel with setting up your irrigation schedule.